Friday 19 October 2012

Photo Diary#9 Look and see her eyes, they glow...

 A pre-DJ, non gin-induced shot... my lipstick is Topshop Infared  (the best one) if you were wondering. I'm not sure why it's come out pink in this photo though... 
My shirt is from All Saints, earrings are vintage (I blogged about them here).

Hey ladies, I'm in the mood to chat with you guys today, so I thought I'd take advantage and catch you up with my life lately.

# I'm feeling a little fragile today. Last night, after a quick salad, prosecco and espressos, we popped over to a DJ event in Shoredich. There was a free bar. Yup, free frickin' bar. Do I need to carry on? I think you all know what happened... Moral of the story being I should not be allowed unlimited gin on a school night. I am suffering at my desk today. SUFF-ER-ING.

# I've almost made it through the whole month without buying anything.
Is it sad that I'm really proud of this? It's been SO hard. I'm desperatley trying to pay off my student overdraft you see. It's been over 2 years since I graduated and I think it's time to be a grown up now and kiss it goodbye. If you're reading this and you're a student, I cannot emphasize this enough, do NOT go into your overdraft, it's not worth it. Unless you're extremely lucky enough to have a lovely Mother and Father who don't mind bailing you out, it's just not worth it. It's a beast to get out of.  
 I nearly cracked yesterday when I went into Topshop (my most favouritest shop ever) and saw this, thisthis, and these. It was like pure torture. Should I treat myself this payday?

# Next week I'm finally doing my Louise Constad make-up course. Louise has worked with so many celebs, Elle Macpherson amoungst them. She's done the make-up for adverts like Maxfactor too. I'm so excited about meeting her and taking in her pearls of wisdom.
It's pretty much a  new chapter of my life, after I've completed the course, I'm going to start building up a portfolio, get a business website together, and hopefully start some freelance make-up jobs. It's a new skill that I'll always have under my belt. I'll try my best to share as much of my week as I can with you, I'm thinking of doing a few Youtube tutorials on the things I learn.
My boyfriend bought me this course (massive thank you!), and I'll never be able to tell you how much I appriciate this and how grateful I am for the opportunity. I've always wanted to do a make up artist course, but as you all know, they are MEGA BUCKS, and I am a little pauper.

#I am planning on filming another Youtube video this weekend. I know I've been terrible at making them regular, and a few of you have asked me when my next one will be. I'll pop it up sometime next week. I still feel like such a nervous geek. But, geeks are best, yes?

#Stef and I are planning on a snowboarding trip next year, which I'm super excited about because I've never done a snow holiday before. I can't wait to be up on a mountain (and blog from a mountain). I'm planning on heading to the snow dome to do a bit of practising first, god knows I'll need all the practice I can get. I've planned my outfit already of course. This, this, these and this should do the job nicely. What do you think?

Anyway, I'll pop off now, I seem to have rambled sufficiantly. What's going on with all of you lovely lot recently?


P.s Todays post title is from a M83 song called 'midnight city', go listen to it, it's my fav at the moment!

19 comments:

  1. I am actually in love with your face. You are correct-o-mundo Infrared is the best lipstick. Your course sounds absolutely amazing, hope you'll be doing lots of lovely tutorials on what you learnt :) I also applaud you for no spending. I have gone mental this month, waaa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah you are just so beautiful I want to eat you hehe :)

    I loved this post! and the make-up course sounds amazing!

    Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lipstick colour!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly are stunning, what a lovely picture! I love these ramblings, its nice to catch up :)

    Love your posts pretty lady,
    Rachelle xo
    rachellerachellee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these types of posts - I'm such a nosey mare so that's probably why! Good luck with the course - I'm sure you're going to do absolutely fantastic at it :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorg! Haha your no-shopping this month cracked me up...I haven't shopped all week and I'm proud of myself! I think you should treat yourself next paycheck :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog!! Would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?
    STEPHILà CREATIONS-MYFASHIONBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing in this picture and well done lasting a whole month, i'm not to sure i could!

    Txx

    ReplyDelete
  9. a FREE BAR?! how are you alive?! haha
    you look lovely! :)
    xxx
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every post makes me chuckle somewhere! Of course you deserve to treat yourself on pay day! No pretties for a month! You totally need to by something to congratulate yourself :) I'm excited for you about your course, I hope you have a fab time! :)

    I'll pop off now too, I've run out free texts - BOO :( - but when I get some I'll give you a text my lovely!

    Lots of love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Firstly a free bar, wowwwww. Secondly you look stunning as always. Thirdly good luck and keep us updated with your course! And finally your Topshop picks were so beautiful they almost made my eyes water at the thought of my bank balance :( haha, hope you're okay! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. the course sounds amazing hun ! good luck with it :) xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are actually so gorgeous!
    I love your dimples :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Han babe, you are stunning, that picture of you is gorgeous!
    I'm very jealous of your make-up course you lucky lady :D
    Great post xxxx

    www.hannahsbow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh that makeup course sounds amazing! So kind and generous of your boyfriend to pay for it :)
    And don't you worry about making YT videos, I'm sure everyone loves them, at least I love watching them. Can't emphasise enough how lovely you are!
    Snow holidays sound amazing as well, never been on snow holiday myself but I'd love to one day xx

    ReplyDelete