Saturday 20 October 2012

TAG: Blogging Love

The Quilt is from Urban Outfitters :)

Hey there gals, I'm going a little tag crazy at the moment. This is another from the gorgeous Kayleigh.
It's pretty self explanatory:  list 5 things you love about blogging, tell us your blogging aim, your top blogging tip, and a blogger who inspired you along the way. Grab yourself a cuppa and enjoy!

5 reasons I love blogging
This is so easy. the hard part was picking 5 of the best things. I never expected blogging to become such a big part of my life, or that I would love it nearly half as much as I do. I actually look forward to logging into blogger in the morning and seeing all the shiny new posts for me to read.

#1 Friends- I have met so many gorgeous new friends through blogging. I can't even tell you how much I love you ladies (naaaww <3 ). I don't know why, but before I got involved with blogging, I thought making 'internet friends' was a little strange. It just goes to prove how wrong I was, I totally take it all back now though, the girls that I've 'met' and got to know through blogging are genuinely some of the nicest girls I know. I can't wait to eventually meet you all. I'm not going to mention names, there are far too many of you, but you all really make my day, and I love speaking to you every day. When I first started blogging a while ago, I was really reserved, never got involved or commented really, I've been so overwhelmed at the fact that I'd made internet blogger pals, I dedicated a whole post to it here. It's definitely got to be the best thing that has come out of blogging. 

#2 Logging life  I love the fact that I have a whole part of my life logged on the internet. I'll be able to go back and check what I was doing on certain weekends, which products I liked, and just be able to see what was going on in my life. It's kind of like an online diary in a way. That's pretty cool in itself, isn't it?

#3 Inspiration My main inspiration has got to be from you guys. Reading your posts and seeing your photos, chatting to you. You make me want to blog. I love going to sites like Tumblr, We Heart it, and Pinterest. I see everything differently. I love those moments when I'm just going about your daily life and suddenly I think 'Oh that'd be great to blog about'. Everything can be an inspiration. It makes you appreciate the little things.

#4 Creativity  Lots of  people don't realise, but a lot of work goes into each post before we hit the publish button. Being a 'blogger' makes you constantly think about how you can make something look pretty, or capture a moment in a photo. It forces you to become creative. It makes you look for the beauty in every day situations. (Cheeeesey). It makes you constantly look for inspiration around you.

#5 Trying New Things There are so many products that I never would have even thought about using if I hadn't started 'beauty blogging'. So many brands that I would never have looked to (I'll admit this is partly from being a make up snob). It's been great to be able to go to blogs to read reviews that I know are genuinely honest. 

My blogging aims
#1 I guess my main blogging aim is to just keep keep enjoying it. I never want it to feel like something I have to do, or feel bad for not doing. 
#2 I would absolutely love to get to 1000 followers. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not all about the followers at all, but this would be such a massive achievement for me.
#3 Go to and help arrange a blogger meet up. 
#4 Lastly, be brave enough to actually attend some events on my lonesome! I'm a little too shy for this at the moment!

My top blogging tip
Get chatting! Join in the twitter community, it's the best way to meet other girls and find new blogs that you love. If you really want to be involved, don't be shy, leave comments, get to know people. Remember we all have one thing in common, we love blogging! Oh, and don't be intimidated by 'bigger bloggers', they really are lovely girls too. We all started out the same way after all. 

A blogger who has inspired me along the way
I'm cheating here and telling you about 2.
You all know and love Zoella. Well, Zoes was the first blog I ever found. I remember I was on a coach to London at the time and googling some kind of lipstick, and I came across a review on Zoes blog. That was it. I was hooked. I literally read every single one of her posts. She's such an inspiration. I still look up to her now, absolutely love her youtube channel, if only I had the confidence on camera like she does!
I'm also going to cheat and mention Kayleigh, who I actually found through a tweet of Zoes. Kayleighs' blog is probably my all time fav. She's gorgeous, wrights like she's chatting to you as a friend, and is such a lovely girl when you get to know her too. One of the things I love most about Kayleigh is that she really cares about her readers, and makes such an effort with them. She's an absolute beaut.

So there we have it, I officially love being a blogger :) Have you done the blogging love tag? Send me your link! What are your favourite things about blogging?

14 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post :)

    Lots of love sweetie

    Nafisah xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to do this tag soon, its so cute. I love being a blogger and all the friends I've made through blogging :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really lovely tag. I love Zoe's blog aswell! Logging life is one of the reasons I started blogging too it's so lovely to look back at in the future

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the post so much.. everything you said abt blogging is very true..
    xo sabbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love your answers missy and your so cute to include me in your blogging inspiration!! I love your blog too so the feelings mutual!! Lots of Love!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. why aren't i one of your inspirations eh?!? lmao just jokin babes really lovely post :D love youuu xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i looove the post! zoe is one of my all time favorite bloggers too! still havent been brave enough to join in on the #bbloggers chats but maybe one day!
    really like your 'logging life' point, it's kind of cool to look back on outfits i've worn and stuff like that! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers! I really enjoyed reading this post and I've been wanting to do it for such a long time. I love Kayleigh and Zoe too:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love being reminded by people love to blog. I think I'm going to do this tag this week but I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this tag! Zoe's was one of the first blogs I found too! You're such a sweetie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a nice tag, keep on bloggin' hun ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading these posts! I gotta do the tag myself. :)

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah I love these posts, Kayleigh is such a babe! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh my this is such a lovely post! Love every single answer you gave and especially your blogging tip. I mentioned to you earlier that I'm still very shy and reserved but do want to get involved, it's just so overwhelming! But all the ladies I got to know until now have been lovely indeed and what you said about Kayleigh is so true, bless her. Not going to lie, it's people like you who make me want to keep blogging and try my best everyday because I've never felt more accepted than I do in the blogging community. Whoops sorry about the length of my comment ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete