Wednesday 22 August 2012

We are all just matter, that will one day scatter...



Firstly, I'll apologize for not using a photo of me actually wearing this (I know it’s frustrating when you can’t see what it looks like on), but my skin decided to be naughty and breakout today, and I didn’t think any of you would need to see that!

Before I fist used Mac Mineralize Skin Finish, I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about it. I don't normally use face powder (I’m obsessed with face mists to set make-up). I don't really like the look of a matt finish on my skin either, so I didn't really see how this product could benefit me in anyway. Oh, how very wrong I was.

I absolutely love the finish this powder gives me, it wasn’t too matt, it just helped me control excess shine. You’re supposed to use it to set or fix your foundation, but depending on what shade you get, you can also use them as highlighters or eye shadows. I got it in the shade Medium Deep, which I don't think I would use as an eye shadow, but it's great for all over my face and neck. I’ve been applying it with a standard powder brush when I wear it all over my face and neck, and with a MAC 109 small contour brush (my ‘go to’ brush) when I’m wearing it as a bronzer.
It has quite a low coverage, but just enough to give you a lovely noticeable glow, and feels really lightweight on your skin.
It's really highly pigmented, you'll only need one soft sweep with your brush, so you'll only ever need to use very little of the product. I can't comment on how long it will last as this is my first one, but I'm guessing as I'm only using a teeny bit, it'll be quite a long time.
As with all Mac products, it has a pretty hefty price-tag of £21, but with this product, I think you really get what you pay for. I've had so many compliments about my complexion since I've started wearing this, surely that’s worth the price?!
       
One of my favourite blogging ladies, Kayleigh from Couture Girl reviewed the shade ‘Gold Deposit’, which looks totally stunning. It’s a little more sheer and shimmery, great for a highlighter and eye shadow if you’re looking for a combination product.

Have you ever tried MAC Mineralize Skin Finish? What did you think?


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention darling :) if you love this you will love hold deposit as a highlight!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love Mac too, always have nice shades! love your shaking banner! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on this a little while now & I've read loads of reviews, def going to pick this up when I'm next in MAC!! Great Post,

    Also check out my MAC TINTED LIPGLOSS giveaway over on my blog if you want to enter and get the chance to pick your favourite shade :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yoou should deffo. I think it's a really under-rated product. Not something I'd normally pick up but I'm glad I did. ah thanks lovely, i'll go and have a look :) x

    ReplyDelete