Thursday 20 June 2013

Liz Earle Skin Boosting Tonic and Skin Repair Moisturiser



My skin decided it wanted to go a little crazy earlier this month, thanks a lot, hormones! Hence the lack of my face on my blog recently…
So, I wanted to find some really gentle skincare that might help me out, without stripping or being too harsh.

I had tried the Liz Earle collection before, a couple of years ago (I think it's actually on my blog somewhere, way, way back in one of those old embarrassing posts). I really didn't get on with it at all at the time, I couldn't understand why everyone raved about it.
This time around, I ditched the famous Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser, as that was the part I disliked the most (I know tons of you are probably going to hate me for saying that!) and just stick with the toner and moisturizer.

The Instant Boost Skin Tonic 
I didn't actually realize this before, but this is listed under their 'skin concern, acne' section of their website, and says 'contains soothing Aloe Vera to help calm troubled, irritated skin'. And what a wonderful job it's doing.

This leaves me skin feeling so hydrated and smooth, but not greasy in any way at all, and just generally looking brighter and healthier.

I know this is going to make me sound like a complete weirdo, but I absolutely LOVE the smell of my face after I've used this. The scent is just absolutely gorgeous and I can still smell it over 4 hours after application.
I actually look forward to putting this on in the morning and the evenings (sad, I know).

Another great thing about this product is that it’s completely alcohol free, and the ingredients are all natural.
It’s also a very affordable toner, even if you’re on a budget, at £13.25 for 200mls. What more could you want?


Skin Repair Moisturiser 
At £19.25 for 50mls, this is a little steeper, but for the amount you actually need to use, this will last a long time. It’s so light and sinks into the skin almost immedietly. I’ve found it also creates a really nice base for my make up too, and I'm finding that my make-up is sitting much better for it. Again, all natural ingredients . The quality of this moisturiser completely justifies the price in my opinion.

I’ve only been using these again for a few days but I already feel like they have done my skin the absolute world of good, I'm so pleased to have found something that works so well for me, for now anyway! I would recommend these two skincare products to anyone, weather you have bad skin or not.

Next on my list to try from Liz Earle are the Deep Cleansing Mask , and the Botanical Shine Norishing Hair Oil. I also want to re-purchase their shampoo and conditioner.

I know most of you will have tried this at some point, what did you think of it?
What are your go-to cleansers and moisturisers when your skin is in a pickle?

4 comments:

  1. Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask from Lush is my go to mask when I'm spotty. Sorts me right out!!

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped using the Skin Tonic for a while and coming back to it recently, i've fallen in love all over again! Its so.. zingy! I've just finished the hair mask and it doesn't leave your hair 'coated' but very shiny indeed, enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz Earle skin care products have literally change my life - sounds a bit dramatised, but it's so true! My skin is so clear! Couldn't fault these products!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried anything from Liz Earle, the skin repair moisturiser sounds nice. Great review xxxx

    ReplyDelete