Sunday 3 July 2011

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Helloooo beauties,

I'm sorry i've not updated in a while. I've been working like a mad woman & had various other things going on with my life. Some not so enjoyable & others slightly more positive. 

I hope you have all had a splendid week!
I’ve had a super chilled weekend, sunshine sister time, woodland dog walks with the neighbours, and yesterday a little neighbourhood birthday street party, super cute. I seriously LOVE my little close, I want to stay here until I’m an old lady.

Anyone would think I was 10 years old!

I have also developed a Callipo addiction of late, 1st name terms with the ice cream van man!
One last thing before the beauty business,  take a look where I’ll be staying for my little Cornwall holi-bobs...

 (Sorry this is as big as I could get the image)

Cute innit?! I am SO happy the sun is coming out, and I have decided that if the sun still has his hat on by the time my holiday rolls around, I shall be whipping out the maxi skirt and flip-flop combo.

Anyhoo, this summer is all about flawless, fresh complexions, and nourished and pampered skin.  
As you may have noticed, I have been trying out rather a few foundations lately. I'm afraid there's negative feedback on a few products I've tried  recently...which makes me sad...and kind of angry.
My latest target is Nars. Now, I’ve never tried a foundation by Nars before, but seeing as "Sheer Glow"comes with a rather hefty price-tag (£29.95, I think, don’t quote me on that), I assumed it would be perfection.


Sadly, I did not get on with this at all. It made my skin dry and look incredibly flakey... and later in the afternoon I looked in the mirror and I had weird patches, and all my blemishes were totally visable and standing out?! Erm no thank you NOT for £29...

For a base that is meant to give you a ‘sheer glow’ (hence the name) this just looks so matt and dry, and I HATE that. When I asked for advice at the Nars counter, I specifically said I wanted a fresh dewy look, and that I didn’t like matt foundations. This is all they had to offer me. The other foundation is actually for a matt finish. I bet I would look like a porcelain doll if I wore that one!

The main problem for me, was that there just wasn’t enough coverage. The shade I was given was also a little too pale for my skin tone, which is probably a big part of why I don’t like this foundation.  This product just didn’t make me feel confident with my skin, in fact, it had the opposite effect.

Oh Nars, how I wanted to love you, but this has put me right off...

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment