Thursday 22 November 2012

Isolde


Nars Isolde instantly became my new favourite product the very first time I used it. 
I wasn't even apply it on myself, I was doing a make-up look on a model for my new website (more on that soon), and so this was a cheeky little purchase for my make-up artist kit. 
Of course I ended up dipping into it myself once I saw how stunning it was (it was bound to happen, don't judge me!).

The left shade is a gorgeous shimmery bronze-gold colour, perfect for Christmas time. I've been applying this all over the lid. Then I go into the crease with the right shade, a slightly darker, less shimmery bronze. 
The great thing about this duo (apart from the fact that there's a mirror in the compact, why don't all products do this?!), is the pigmentation. You literally need the tiniest bit on your brush and you'll get a great colour pay off. I'm hoping this means Isolde will last a long time.
Both shades in this duo have undertones of orange in, which I wasn't expecting to like on myself, man was I wrong, it's all I've been wearing.

At £24 per duo, they certainly don't come cheap, but considering the single shadows are £17 each, doesn't this count as a bargain?!
This being my first ever Nars eyeshadow purchase, I can certainly see what all the fuss is about around bloggersphere, & personally I would definitely be willing to pay it again. The only problem now is that I literally want all the shades, greedy girl.

Now I've given into the whole Nars hype, I've got my eye on the Laguna bronzer (I know the whole world seems to have this) and the Copacabana highlighter, I think they'll both be making it onto my Christmas wish list.

Have you tried Nars Isolde before? What are your favourite Nars products? Please feel free to recommend me any other duo shades or products too :)


9 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous. I'm yet to try any Nars but everything I have seen looks like such a high quality. Definitely adding this to my wishlist!
    xxx
    summerhollyday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing this now! haha! Love it so much:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the Key Largo duo when I was in New York and I've been a bit disappointed with it. It's nothing wrong with the product as the colour payoff's really good but I just picked a bad colour combo for me. I have got Nars Laguna and Gina blush- which is definitely not raved about enough, I love it!!! I wish they would bring out the Danmari palette again this year, I really want it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous! So pretty. I love NARS, I think some products can be a little pricey but I'm willing to pay it. I have the NARS Danmari blush palette and I am so in love with it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try a NARS eye shadow! I love the blushers, laguna obviously and I really love the Albatross highlighter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks gorgeous!! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours look amazing, haven't tried Nars products yet though as they're so pricey! Hope you're feeling better by now, just read through the last few blogposts :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These shades are stunning!!!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous ive never owned a nars product but i really am lusting after this! x

    ReplyDelete