Wednesday 14 September 2011

L'OCATTAINE bloggers event

Happy humpday beauties, once again we are going over that mid-week hump, hurrah! Although tomorrow is my Friday, so technically I’m already over the hump *grins*.

Have you all got lovely plans for the weekend?
I’m heading down to my hometown (makes me want to belt out Adele style when I say this, tehe) in Devon to see my bestest pal and attend a christening (I’m the Godmother… eeeek).

So, last night I was lucky enough to be invited to the L'ocittane bloggers event with Jo Fairley in Covent Garden. How exciting, thanks ModusPR ladies for the invite :)


(Unfortunately I broke my camera a couple of weeks ago...sob.
I still took a few snaps, but the quality isn’t so good... Sorry about that. You get the idea though.)

On arrival I was checked off the guest list, and led down the spiral stairs to join about 15 other bloggers.


We were greeted with champagne, giant macaroons and beautiful cupcakes. Gorgeous & delicious. The room was also decorated with the immortelle flower (the extracts for their products come from this flower). Everything looked and smelt beautiful.
































The lovely Jo Fairley introduced herself...
Those of you who aren't familiar with her, she are a famous magazine editor and widely published journalist. She was the youngest ever women editor (also co founder of Green and Blacks chocolate). Pretty impressive woman right beauties?!
I have to say I was a little star-struck by her. Although, saying that, she was completely down to earth and approachable, I really liked that about her.

Jo gave us a little inspirational talk, and told us that her book (co-written with Sarah Stacey)
“The Anti-Aging Beauty Bible: the only steps you’ll need to look and feel gorgeous forever”, is one of the biggest selling beauty books in the world… WOW.
She says' it's "essential reading, we’d like to think, for any woman who wants to look great for her age, whatever her age… “, and with 50 years experience in the business, I believe her.

Jo went on to tell us that there are thousands of women who tested age-defying prodcust for this book, 2400 to be exact. 2,400 women can’t be wrong can they?! I wouldn't mind becoming a tester myself in the future, what fun! 

Apparently for the first couple of weeks, the testers have been asked to try products on only one side of their faces. This may sound crazy, but it actually makes a lot of sense. At least they will be able to see a clear difference in their skin if the product is actually working. Genius.
I guess these product testers all have what we like to call “Beauty editor skin”, I’m sure you other beauty bloggers out there know all know about that little joy?!


There is even an Iphone app Beauty Bible App, a shopping guide to “steer women through the beauty jungle” and help them choose products that really do work.  























Jo Fairley, signing my book! eeek.


At the end of the book signing and personal question time we were all given a goody bag with Immortelle Precious Eye Balm (15ml retails and £28), and Imortelle Divine Cream (30ml retails at £65). Not forgetting our very own copy of "The Anti-Aging Beauty Bible" too. Very Generous, thank you!




Over all, a wonderful evening, I would like to thank everyone at ModusPr Company, and L'ocattaine, thanks ladies!
xX

p.s I just want to say good on you Jo, for doing book signings when you’ve got a broken wrist, poor lady! Hope it heals soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment