Tuesday 29 March 2011

Look Good Feel Better Campaign for Cancer, a post dedicated to my mum Xx

Bonsoir beauties,

So I'm not doing my usual make-up reviewing tonight. 
This evening I'd like to take a more serious note than usual and tell you all about something very close to my heart. A company called "Look Good Feel Better". 
What LGFB do, is recommend cosmetics and give tips to women who are seriously ill with cancer, to help combat the outward signs of being ill.

As some of you beauties may or may not know, my beautiful mummy passed away last year due to cancer. Mum was such a gracious and polite patient, the nurses loved her and said she was a pleasure to look after. 
One of the things mum would always ask my sister and I do do when she was in hospital, was to apply her make up and fix her hair for her (especially when she became unable to do it herself). 
She May have been seriously poorly and feeling like absolute hell, but she didn't want to look like it too... of course she hardly ever did, she always looked gorgeous! It's amazing to think what a difference a little make up and hair spray made to her spirits and how she felt. Much more like her normal self again. It was the best feeling knowing that we were able to help her feel better about herself.


So this got me to thinking, what about all the women who aren't lucky enough to have close friends and family there to help them? How do they make themselves look and feel better?
This is why I think LGFB is such a worthwhile cause, and I know my mum would have felt the same. I am going to try and get involved in any way I can.

So beauties, I just wanted to raise your awareness for this wonderful campaign, you may know somebody who would be extremely grateful to know about it. It's not just for women either, they have a men and teen section on the website too. 
You should definitely check out the sight, here's a link:

Xx

P.S Just to let you know, my sister and I will be running the Race For Life on Hampstead Heath again this year, in honour of our mum Jenny Maggs, we think about her every day and miss her more than ever. If any of you beauties would like to sponsor us it would mean a lot, I will post a link soon Xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment